Dhara Dhevi in Chiang Mai
Anywhere magazine bestowed “the 3rd Anywhere Travel Awards” on the five best spa and resort hotels in Thailand. This year a total of 159 hotels were nominated – the award did not include the hotels and spas that have been opened since October last year. The magazine sent questionnaires to its readers over a three month period to gain their feedback on the best places in five categories:
– Best Luxury Resort Hotel, which emphasises beauty and quality of service, was awarded to the Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi in Chiang Mai. The two other finalists were Sri Panwa and Six Senses Hideaway Yao Noi.
– Best Small and Stylish Hotel which was won by Phu Chaisai Mountain Resort and Spa.
– Best Urban Hotel and the winner is The Oriental Bangkok.
– Best Destination Spa award went to The Dava Spa, Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi.
– And the last award, for the Best Urban Spa was given to Devarana Spa at the Dusit Thani hotel.
This is just a rough translation from the Thai news. As a person who loves to laze around at a hotel – I am officially a hotel fetishist – I find this very exhilarating. I would love to go to these places one day if I have the chance but right now I have to make do with living abroad and the summer rain. Bless me!